Stay Small, Stay Safe & Savor Your Time Away
Love. Live. Laugh. Dream. Travel.
Our bridges are open and the Outer Banks of North Carolina are once again welcoming visitors to its shores! Our staff has taken every precaution to provide the highest degree of health and safety so that you can fully enjoy our private and peaceful property. Look forward to unwinding among our old-fashioned wrap-around porches, balconies, verandas, gazebo, garden spots, on outdoor chairs, and by the fire pit. Read on to learn more about some of the exciting changes at our Outer Banks boutique hotel as well as some of the activities you can enjoy when you venture out and explore the area.
- Breakfast: Our food and service continues to be outstanding and we are happy to accommodate any special dietary requests. Our staff follows all the health and safety practices as required by North Carolina State and Dare County Officials. You will still receive our famous four-course breakfast but for your protection, we are packaging your breakfast “to go” in our new high-end disposable tableware. You may choose to have your breakfast in our dining room, on the veranda, in one of the private garden areas, or in your room. Coffee continues to be available 24/7 from our self-serve espresso machine.
- Wine & Snacks: Upon returning to the inn after a day of exploring, wine and snacks (individually packaged) will be available in the Bistro to pick up and take to whatever special spot on the property you wish to snack.
- Dinner Options: We maintain an up-to-date listing of local dining alternatives for your convenience.
Cleaning & Housekeeping Procedures
Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, including providing disinfectant stations throughout the common areas and at check-in. We have enhanced our normal cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout the inn as well as at our guest’s requests.
- We’re asking that everyone respect those that live and work here by wearing masks and practicing safe social distancing when in public.
- Guest rooms will be treated with the newest Ultraviolet Light & Ozone Technology prior to check-in, as will room keys and all devices such as remote controls.
- Use of disinfectants recommended by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to treat known pathogens in all guest rooms and all public areas are in practice.
- We are regularly cleaning air filters and conditioning systems.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the property.
- Housekeepers will not enter your room during your stay for daily refreshing. You can choose:
- No Service: No one will enter your room during your visit.
- Partial Service: We will deliver a basket of requested towels/linens/amenities to your door daily.
Need to Reschedule Your Wedding?
Our venue is perfect for brides and grooms who want to continue their celebration with the same luxury, but with fewer people and a quicker timeline. Learn more about inn elopements. Need to reschedule your special day or want a smaller option? The White Doe Inn offers romantic Outer Banks Elopements and Smaller Wedding Packages for those that want to continue their celebration with the same luxury, but with fewer people and a quicker timeline. Learn more about White Doe Inn Elopements and Smaller Weddings.
Amenities & Activities
Our beaches, parks, shops, and restaurants are open again in Manteo, on Roanoke Island, offering a smaller less commercialized environment to explore the wonders of island life. Enjoy the following amenities and local activities:
- Ride our bikes at no charge – beach cruisers, two-person bikes and even three-wheel adult trikes are available.
- Read while relaxing on one of our many porches and in garden nooks.
- Enjoy a glass of wine around the fire pit.
- Enjoy local flavors at recently reopened restaurants. Try one of our favorite waterfront restaurants: Avenue Waterfront Grille, Olives Greek Kitchen, Stripers Bar and Grille, and Blue Water Grill overlooking Shallowbag Bay. Other special spots include: Ortega’z Southwestern Grill, Lost Colony Café & Brewery, Poor Richard’s Sandwich Shop and Hungry Pelican Deli and Ice Cream. Restaurants are open for take-out, outdoor seating and 50% capacity seating.
- Take lovely strolls along the waterfront and the Nags Head Beaches across the bridge.
- Take a Sunset Sailing Cruise while enjoying one of our wine and cheese baskets.
- Try a local rum at the Outer Banks Distilling just around the corner from the inn and enjoy their tour.
- Visit the Roanoke Island Maritime Museum and learn the history of boat building on the Outer Banks or volunteer for a few days for a hands-on experience.
- Visit the Elizabethan Gardens.
- Explore our Downtown Manteo, including coffee houses, Dare County Arts Gallery, and boutique shops galore!
We’re Here for You!
Do you have any questions for us or want to chat before booking your stay? Our dedicated staff would love to discuss your upcoming trip with you. Whether it be answering questions about our enhanced cleaning routines or helping you fill your itinerary with fun and safe activities, we’re here for you! Call (252) 473-9851 or email email@example.com to contact us today. Get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page or Instagram page too.