Stay Small, Stay Safe
The food and service at our Manteo, NC inn continues to be outstanding and we are excited to announce we are now returning to full service and offering your choice of seating options for our famous four-course breakfast service beginning Thursday, July 1st with seating from 8:30am – 9:30am.
You may choose to have your breakfast in our dining room, on the veranda, in one of the private garden areas, or if you prefer a to-go bag to take to your room for extra privacy or for an early get-out-the-door for the day. Coffee is available 24/7 from our self-serve espresso machine.
Refreshments & Dining
Wine & Snacks: Upon returning to the inn after a day of exploring, wine and snacks (individually packaged) will be available in the Bistro to pick up and take to whatever special spot on the property you wish to snack.
Dinner Options: We maintain an up-to-date listing of local dining alternatives for your convenience.
Amenities & Activities
Our beaches, parks, shops, and restaurants are open in Manteo, on Roanoke Island, offering a smaller less commercialized environment to explore the wonders of island life. Enjoy the following amenities and local activities:
- Ride our bikes at no charge – beach cruisers, two-person bikes and even three-wheel adult trikes are available.
- Read while relaxing on one of our many porches and in garden nooks.
- Enjoy a glass of wine around the fire pit.
- Try one of our favorite waterfront restaurants: Avenue Waterfront Grille, Olives Greek Kitchen, Stripers Bar and Grille, and Blue Water Grill overlooking Shallowbag Bay. Other special spots include: Ortega’z Southwestern Grill, Lost Colony Café & Brewery, Poor Richard’s Sandwich Shop and Hungry Pelican Deli and Ice Cream.
- Take lovely strolls along the waterfront and the Nags Head Beaches across the bridge.
- Take a Sunset Sailing Cruise while enjoying one of our wine and cheese baskets.
- Try a local rum at the Outer Banks Distilling just around the corner from the inn and enjoy their tour.
- Visit the Roanoke Island Maritime Museum and learn the history of boat building on the Outer Banks or volunteer for a few days for a hands-on experience.
- Visit the Elizabethan Gardens.
- Explore Downtown Manteo, including coffee houses, Dare County Arts Gallery, and boutique shops galore!
Cleaning & Housekeeping Procedures
Stayover and room refresh services are back in action! We are happy to be returning to our full housekeeping services beginning Thursday, July 1st . If you prefer no housekeeping services, please simply place the do not disturb sign on your door knob.