White Doe Inn offers an unparalleled list of amenities and services to compliment our charming Outer Banks accommodations. Our staff is trained in the art of hospitality, and we delight in making sure that our guests receive the highest level of attention from the day of arrival to the day of departure. The personal attention of our Outer Banks bed and breakfast is an important part of the experience and services provided.
Luxurious Outer Banks Accommodations
- Gas Fireplaces
- Luxurious Bed Linens
- Wireless Internet Access
- Daily Housekeeping Service
- Flatscreen TV with Cable Access and DVDs
- Sitronu Rose Lavender Natural Plant-based Bath Products
- Luxurious Bath Linens
- Elegant Robes
- Hair Dryer
- Private Gardens, Veranda, and Porches
- DVD Library with over 500 to select from
- Four-Course Breakfast
- Afternoon Coffee, Tea, and Freshly Baked Desserts
- Bicycles & Beach Equipment
- The Verandah Bistro
- Gift Shop
- Cappuccino & Espresso Service
White Doe Inn staff is always available to respond to your needs and requests for information and assistance. We are more than happy to assist you in setting up an itinerary, placing reservations, or acquiring tickets ahead of time in your behalf. Visit our Outer Banks Activities page to plan out your visit to the area.
Check-in Time, Check-out Time and Late Arrivals
- Check-in time is between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm. If you plan to arrive after 6:00 pm, please call us at (252) 473-9851 so that we may coordinate your check-in with our overnight manager.
- If you plan to arrive before 3:00 pm, you may park your car and we will be more than happy to store your luggage and tell you about our favorite places to have lunch or to visit in our town.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am.
We recommend you reserve directly with the inn to receive the best rate.
- Booking Direct only requires a credit card and a 50% deposit. The remaining balance will be charged upon arrival.
- On-Line 3rd Party Reservations (OTA’s) [e.g. Expedia or Booking.com] require the total amount of reservation be paid at time of booking. In addition, to cancel a third-party reservation, you must do so through their website. Also, if we need to contact you about important information regarding your reservation, we will be unable to do so as only the online travel agent has your contact information.
- International Reservations require 100% of the reservation to be paid at the time of booking.
- Gift Certificate Reservations require a Gift Certificate Number and a credit card on record. Gift Certificates must be presented upon arrival.
We recommend you purchase traveler’s insurance to cover your reservation. Travel Guard is one such vendor for this insurance. If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please contact us.
A refund of your deposit minus a $45.00 service charge will be refunded if your cancellation notice is received 14 days in advance of your arrival. If you cancel your reservation within 14 days of your arrival date, we are happy to hold your deposit for a future stay. If you do not cancel your reservation and fail to arrive, you will forfeit your deposit and be charged for all nights included in your original reservation. Should you need to cancel your reservation, please contact us at (252) 473-9851.
- Hurricane/Storm Policy – Refunds are not available unless a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Dare County Emergency Group for Manteo/Roanoke Island. Again, we recommend purchasing traveler’s insurance. Hurricane season spans from July through October.
- Group Reservations – Three or more rooms, either booked together or individually by parties traveling together, constitutes a group reservation. Group reservations may require payment at the time booked with a 30-day cancellation policy.
- International Guests – International Reservations require a 30-day cancellation policy.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit with a signed contract is required and will be applied to the final invoice.
- The balance is due in full 30 days prior to the event. If cancelled less than 30 days prior to the event, all payments including services rendered and out of pocket expenses for goods and services are non-refundable.
- Any additional expenses incurred will be due the day of the event.
- Cancellation of Special Requests/Services – Special Requests must be canceled 72 hours prior to arrival or you will be charged the full amount. Special Requests include, but are not limited to: beverages, tickets, flowers, spa services, etc.
Additional Guests and Children
- Room rates are based on single or double occupancy
- Well-behaved children 12 and older, accompanied by responsible parents, are welcome.
- Additional guests (over 2) will incur an additional fee of $30 per night
- Rollaway beds are not available; however, we do have air beds
- We welcome up to 2 well-behaved small/medium dogs (30 lbs) at our Outer Banks pet-friendly hotel.
- An advance pet reservation is required and an additional non-refundable $30 fee per pet/per night will be added to your folio.
- A service animal, as acknowledged by the Americans with Disabilities Act, is welcome to accompany their owner while staying at the inn.
Occupancy & Tourism Tax
- Occupancy tax and sales/use taxes are charged for rooms and services.
Accessibility Policy and Features
White Doe Inn, listed on the National Registry, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1910 Queen Anne style home, the property is not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. These barriers include:
- No elevator
- Numerous steps leading to second and third floor guest rooms
Although White Doe Inn is an historic structure, we have undertaken many initiatives to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. We do offer the following for those guests with limited disabilities:
- The Garden Bedchamber is wheelchair accessible from an outside ramp to this first floor room.
- Guests can also access the inn’s first floor common areas and outside verandah.
- The dining area is accessible from the Garden Bedchamber
- Spa services are available in the Garden Bedchamber
- Designated street parking is available leading directly to a brick ramp into the Garden Bedchamber.
Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described accessible features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that the specific accessible guest rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make accessible rooms available through at least some of these services and we provide these third-party services with information concerning the features of the accessible rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals.
White Doe Inn is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 24/7 at (252) 473-9851 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility, including issues accessing the website or with questions regarding the accessibility and personal needs of the various rooms.