July is in full swing and there’s plenty going on at the The White Doe Inn! A new series, Arts at the Inn, will feature several exciting opportunities to meet and experience local artists as they engage their passions. These events, which will include light refreshments, are free and open to the public. We will host author, filmmaker, and screenwriter, Eryk Pruit Saturday, July 7, whose newest novel was released in 2017. Friday, July 13, we will feature talented musician Matt Philips and on July 21 we will sip Rosé with wine consultant, Campbell Davis. There’s also a lot going on around the area! If you’re tired of the same old summer activities and looking for something new, look no further than the Outer Banks! Here are just some of the great events and activities coming to the area this July:
- Fourth of July Celebrations – Independence Day is right around the corner and the Outer Banks knows how to celebrate. Several professional fireworks displays will light up the sky in multiple towns including Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, and our very own Manteo. Downtown Manteo will also host live music and even an apple pie contest so don your favorite patriotic gear and get ready for a night of fun!
- “Pickin on the Porch” Concert Series – Bluegrass fans gather ‘round! Tucked in the streets of downtown Manteo is Bluegrass Island Trading Co., a destination for all things bluegrass including CD’s and merchandise. They are also hosting their free summer concert series known as “Pickin on the Porch” which features award winning bluegrass artists. Head to Manteo July 20 and claim your spot in the crowd to enjoy the sounds of July’s feature group, Dixie Jubilee.
- 81st Anniversary of The Lost Colony – The Lost Colony is a performance you won’t want to miss. Running all summer long, a group of over 100 actors, dancers, and technicians bring one of our country’s oldest mysteries to life. Get lost in the moment as performers regale you with an astounding production about the colonists of Roanoke Island that disappeared over 450 years ago and were never seen again.
- Magnolia Craft Fair – Every Tuesday throughout July and continuing into September, the Magnolia Craft Fair will set up shop in downtown Manteo at the Magnolia Marketplace. You can discover and even purchase handcrafted décor, candles, jewelry, and much more made by talented local artists.
- Annual One-Design Regatta – The Roanoke Island Maritime Museum will be hosting the One-Design Regatta July 28. Starting at noon and continuing throughout the day, sailors will race their boats along the beautiful and historic Manteo waterfront. Whether you wish to participate or watch the action from the beach, this is an event sure to please.
Right in the middle of all the action sits The White Doe Inn offering a restful and relaxing place to stay while you’re in the area. With ideal accommodations, The White Doe Inn will have you feeling lavished in luxury the moment you step through the door. Book your room today and don’t miss your opportunity to experience all that Manteo and The White Doe Inn have to offer!